Thursday, September 10, 2009

Simple Summer Fun

Sadly, Summer is basically over. I hate to admit it, but it came and went way too fast this year. Gone, will be the days of little summer dresses and rain boots....Running barefoot through the sprinkler....Swinging carelessly from a tree. Thankfully, we usually have enough pictures of summer to last us through the first snow fall. I kinda look at it like a new backdrop. By the time summer is over, I am tired of shooting the color green. But by the time Spring rolls around, I am tired of shooting whites and browns and long for the greens.

Thus, the cycle continues....

DSC_5479
DSC_5517
DSC_5498
DSC_5513
DSC_5487
DSC_5496
DSC_5484
DSC_5492
DSC_5515
DSC_5490

9 comments:

Anonymous September 10, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

If it wasn't for the turtle she was hanging on these would be GREAT!!!!!!! :) Love you guys!!!

Kimberly September 11, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

I feel exactly the same way about the summer to fall/winter/spring transition. (I'd wager most photographers do.)

And oh my, she has a little tomboy in her doesn't she? That's awesome (as are your photos). :)

Joanna September 11, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

The first comment is from my SIL Karen....She has some weird fear of turtles apparently from her childhood. Its fun to torcher her though when we go to the zoo! :0)

Kimberly September 11, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

LOL, your little story is hilarious. Love these photos. I just adore that little dress with her rainboots, especially with her climbing on the tree. Adorable!

Christina September 11, 2009 at 10:37 PM  

"Summer is basically over" - yeah, not so much here. ;o) I would looooove some fall color, but all we have is green and more green.

My favorite bit of this is that bandaid on her knee!!! Such a perfect capture of little girlhood. Love this series!

Unknown September 11, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

Oh, the rainboots. There is just nothing better than that!

I would sure love a little fall color for a change - we just get a lot of green here in CA. But, then again...the white...snow, I guess I can live without that!

Fantastic series! That dress is gorgeous, as is Ella. Always.

Tribute to Moms September 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tribute to Moms September 13, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

Love the band aid on the knee! We live on band aids in our house! =)

Jaimee September 19, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

Love the way that dress pops against the green! Here, I'm dying for fall to arrive & ready to say goodbye to summer!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP