Sunday, January 17, 2010

BSM - Crazy Lady

I know some of you know what I mean when I say that it seems that when I am behind the camera, nothing much matters at the time but the subject I am looking at.

After I brought Ella to school one cold, cold day last week (I'm talking -10 degrees), I noticed these frosty snowflakes on top of my garbage bin outside the garage. What would you do? I ran inside, attached my macro lens to the camera, grabbed my tripod and ran back out. I knew once the sun came up and it was time to go get Ella from school, that these little treasures would be gone. What a weird neighbor I must have looked like standing there with my camera and tripod....shooting my garbage bin! You just know that these spiky little snowflakes were not on any one's mind if they saw me. You know they were thinking.....

There's that crazy lady who, while taking pictures of her daughter all the time, is rolling around in the dirt, laying in the middle of the road, hanging upside down from a tree and doing back flips. Now she's staring at her garbage bin?! What's next?

It's thier loss. They didnt get to enjoy the beauty of these fantastic little creations of nature up close like I did.

DSC_0444
For more Best Shot Monday images, head over to Tracey's.

17 comments:

MGF January 17, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

I am not sure I have ever seen a real snow flake. Should have since I live in the Rocky Mountains.

Gorgeous.

Unknown January 18, 2010 at 12:46 AM  

holy crap! that is the coolest photo I have seen in a very.long.time.

awesome capture, joanna!

HipMomma January 18, 2010 at 7:24 AM  

Holy flippin'!! That is truly amazing. You won't believe it but I have black construction paper still out for the occasion that we could possibly maybe have snow for me to get a photo just in that way. I'm the crazy lady thinking that we'd get some. You are the awesome lady. Love it.

Christina January 18, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

That is pretty darn crazy alright. Crazy beautiful. Crazy amazing. Wow, Jo, just WOW. I could stare at that all day.

Christina January 18, 2010 at 8:32 AM  

P.S. I hope you're kidding about the back flips, cuz there's no way in heck I could do one and it would make me feel inferior if you can and do!

Anonymous January 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

I love that picture!! Who cares if they think you're crazy! They haven't had the pleasure of seeing those snowflakes up close!!! =)

Kimberly January 18, 2010 at 3:42 PM  

Holy Batman! That's a Fan-tas-tic Shot!!! Seriously, that's incredible.

eLIZabeth Floyd January 18, 2010 at 5:26 PM  

Crazy lady, maybe, but I call it pure genius to capture such a lovely shot!

Leisa Hammett January 18, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

When I saw this I thought it was mylar glitter?! Too cool! Your comments reminds me--hope you don't mind me sharing--of a quote by a local great photographer about what photographer's see and others don't; 2nd graph: http://leisahammett.typepad.com/the_journey_with_grace/2009/08/where-art-and-faith-intersect.html

shirley January 18, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

You did exactly what I would have done, except I wouldn't have gotten such a cool picture! Beautiful shot. And proof that there is beauty in everything, even the garbage!

Megan January 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

wow...*almost* makes me want to live where it snows....almost :). really fabulous shot, joanna!

Corey~living and loving January 19, 2010 at 12:19 PM  

oh my yes...I totally get what you are saying. I'm that crazy lady too. :) it's good to be crazy.

Jen January 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

That is the great thing about photography you see beauty in things that others don't ever see. Their loss for sure. Simply beautiful shot Joanna.

iMother2.0 January 19, 2010 at 6:06 PM  

DUUUUUUUUDE!!!! that's a freakin FABULOUS shot!!! you can label me crazy or whatever if i could get shots like that! You, my dear, are amazing...in the street, hanging from a tree...maybe you make me feel less crazy ;)

Maggie January 21, 2010 at 9:20 PM  

You aren't crazy -- THEY are -- this is AMAZING!

Stacy January 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

LOL...yes they probably thought you were crazy...their loss! Beautiful shots of the snow. Makes the cold *almost* worthwhile, right? ;)

carissa... brown eyed fox January 28, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

really?

that's amazing!

look at them... nature's wonder captured!
good for you freezing your tail off... it was worth it!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP