Sunday, December 14, 2008

BSM - The Golden Nest

Since Ella is full-on into Christmas this year, we have been purchasing ornaments for our tree almost every time we go out. Most of the stores have Christmas ornaments at 50% off or more, which is why I don't mind. Plus we don't really have many ornaments on our tree so I figured it was a good time to start collecting.

When we were at a store the other day, I picked up one special ornament for me. I couldn't resist it when I saw it because it reminded me of this past summer when Ella and I watched the Robin's in the nest under our deck.

On the back of the box for the ornament it read this:

The Golden Nest
Good luck comes to the household that has a nest among the branches of its Christmas tree. Within this glitter nest are cradled the golden eggs of Prosperity. Nestle this gift among the boughs of your tree and may you be rich with health, happiness and friendship.

I'm such a sucker for these selling ploys....But I love my golden nest of eggs. It will always remind me of that summer, and isnt that what we collect ornaments for anyways? So each year we can pull them out of the box and recount the memories that we have made with our children in the years past.

DSC_8363
This is one of the pictures I got of the Robin's nest over the summer. You can see other shots here, here, here, here, and here.

New Life

For more Best Shot Monday images, head over to Tracey's.

14 comments:

Stacy December 14, 2008 at 8:13 PM  

Wonderful shots of your nests! I totally agree...collecting ornaments is a great way to remember those special moments during the year. We usually get ones that have sentimental values and plus on vacation we gather them. It's fun to bring them out every year and savor the memories.

Stay warm...it's supposed to get pretty chilly tonight!

Brittany December 14, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

how absolutely fun...and beautiful!

Cara December 15, 2008 at 12:04 PM  

My grandmother always had a nest in her Christmas tree, I remember asking as a child where the birds were.
The shot of the baby robin with the eggs is incredible.

Shelly at Aperture of My Eye December 15, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

I just love this ornament! Where did you find it? I'm a sucker for those types of things too. :) That is an amazing shot of the real next too!

Joanna December 15, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

Hi Shelly, I bought the ornament at Bachman's, the flower and gift store. Are those everywhere around the country? Hmmm, I'm not sure.....

Megan December 15, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

what great story behind your ornament purchase. the ornaments with stories are always the best ones.

Melissa December 15, 2008 at 1:08 PM  

what beautiful pics of the nest... really beautiful

Jen December 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

That is a beautiful ornament. It is so exciting to buy ornaments that have meaning. I loved when you were posting about those birds.

Dawn December 15, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

Oh, I agree! I love collecting ornaments and we had a wonderful time going through all of our ornaments when we decorated the tree. Ahh, memories~

Those robin eggs are gorgeous!

Anonymous December 15, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

Wow, it's just beautiful.

We gave been collecting ornaments too but the girls also each one great ornament that signifies something that happened to them during the year.

Kimberly December 15, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

I love the sentiment of the golden eggs and the beauty and fragility of the real ones. Beautiful...

Christina December 16, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

The ornament itself is gorgeous....but I totally adore the sentiment and meaning behind it! How special.

MGF December 16, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

The golden eggs are so cool.

Jaimee December 16, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

Love both of these shots...that one you caught of the real eggs and bird should seriously be in some photo contest or something...maybe you should send a copy to the Audubon Society? It would be cool if they used it in some literature or something!

We get a crystal ornament from Swarovski every year...it is always fun to read about everyone's traditions and to see how we make some new ones as we raise our kids!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP