Sunday, May 10, 2009

BSM - Happiness, Love and Simplicity

It hasn't felt like that so much recently. For some reason I have been very irritable lately. Maybe it's the stress of me working extra hours, Keith working extra hours, the construction going on everyday at my house, or Ella going through a stage of sassy disobedience that seems like it will never end. I have no idea. But it is definitely a slump I need to get out of.

Mother's Day was perfect though. I was so happy. Every second of the day...I was happy. It has been so long since I truly lived in the moment. I didn't care what had happened the hour before or what was happening the hour after. It wasnt complicated. I didnt have 10 different things on my mind that I needed to get done. I laughed with Ella all day instead of disciplining her. Everything she did I thought was amazing...as if I had never seen it before. I was clear and refreshed. Keith and I joked around instead of being angry with each other. I had so much gratitude for where I am in life and who I have in my life.

I felt HAPPY. I felt LOVED. It was SIMPLE.

DSC_8694
For more Best Shot Monday images, head over to Tracey's.

13 comments:

Christina May 11, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

Once again with the parallel lives - I've been struggling with the same sense of irritability and discontent. I'm glad you were able to break free of it for a day, and hope you can maintain your new joy! I wonder what made the differnce, so I can copy it. ;o) Seriously Jo, I'm SO glad you were able to find that happy place again. HUGS!

I don't even know what to say about the photo. SO stunning. The colors and contrasts are incredible. Do you EVER take a bad photo???

traceyclark May 11, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

well, if that photo is a symbol of your day then it must have been good. that shot is amazing. and i so know how you feel. i was in a funky slump a while back. it's disconcerting for sure but you ae right on track with the living in the moment solution. it really helps! thinking of you and wishing you more days like yesterday. : )

Jaimee May 11, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

I agree with Christina, STUNNING photo!

I too have been struggling with the irritability phase - I think life is tough for a lot of people right now and sometimes it is hard to know how to deal with it all! Glad you were able to put it all away for a day and enjoy it!

Megan May 11, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

sounds like a perfect m-day! may you have many more "simple" days like that :). the photo is almost 3-D -- WOW!

Jen May 11, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Those colors and the glossiness of the leaves. Simply beautiful. Sounds like a perfect day. You deserved it.

Amy Jo May 11, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

Gorgeous colors! I'm glad you found some happiness on mother's day, and I hope you can carry some of it with you every day!

Life in Eden May 11, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Yes, love the color contrast! Glad your day was lovely.

Julie May 11, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

Gorgeous photo. I'm so glad your day was perfect. Have a great week. =)

Mike May 11, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Love the details.

Mike
www.mikeleonen.com

Unknown May 11, 2009 at 6:04 PM  

oh the colors and sweet simplicity of this shot. it really does tell the tale. and i'm so happy to hear the story had a happy ending - and you had a great day. well, actually i hope it isn't just an ending...and the good feelings continue...

Capturing Sunshine May 12, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

I hate saying that photos are "amazing," as I think it is often overused...but this photo is Amazing! Love your post too. I could feel the incredibleness (is that a word?) of the day. Very nice.

Kimberly May 12, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

What a beautiful picture. It is so peaceful and serene looking.

Stacy May 14, 2009 at 1:16 PM  

Well, your happiness definitely shows in that beautiful shot. It's so gorgeous.

I hear that the attitude you approach life with makes all the difference in the world. I know I need to be better, too, but lately I've been irritable, too. I need to change that attitude!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP