Monday, June 30, 2008

Creepy Critters

As we have been spending more time outside, we have pulled out all of Ella's toys from under the deck that have been sitting there all winter. I hate it under the deck. It is a mulchy mess of all kinds of critters. Since unearthing Ella's sandbox, I cant tell you all of the icky's we have found in there. I plan to get new sand this year because we left it open many times when it rained and there are spiders and all sorts of things all over the place in there. Seeing that she is deathly afraid of bugs at the moment, I have kept her away from it thus far. I opened it the other day and found this little critter in there.


Then we pulled out her Radioflyer wagon for her birthday so the kids could play on it and found another little critter perched on the edge.


Besides the Robin's nest under our deck, I found this nest in a little cherry blossom tree we planted last year. Its the perfect tree to have a nest in because it is really round and full. It was very well hidden. Since I saw it, I have tried to get a picture of the nest with more eggs (I got it when it had one egg, last I saw it had 2 more), but every time I go down there, the mama bird is sitting in there. She doesn't even flinch. I think she thinks I cant see her. I'm not even sure what kind of bird it is. She is brown with a bright orange beak. I cant wait to see these babies hatch!



Still working on the "money shot" of the baby robin's opening their mouth for food. I have gotten a couple but they are kinda blurry. I am just infatuated with these baby birds!

9 comments:

Anonymous June 30, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

You have both a very active yard and a very observant eye. I love the nest photos in your last few posts.

Anonymous June 30, 2008 at 11:42 PM  

Anya is afraid of bugs right now, too. Yet another phase to muddle, through. ;) Great shots of the bugs, though!

Anonymous July 1, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

I hope you get your money shot! Great photos!! I love the nest one, but I know how hard it is to get a good bug picture, so those are good too!!

Anonymous July 1, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

Yep, N's not too fond of the creepy crawlies right now either. Personally, I think these are all pretty cool and great shots!

Anonymous July 1, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

My daughter went from being afraid of bugs to wanting to pick up everything she sees. I am not sure which phase is worse. I love that first shot. I am trying to decide if I want to splurge and buy photoshop. What version do you use? Do you have any recommendations?

Anonymous July 1, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

You take such great pictures!

And I absolutely love your snoopy cartoon in the side bar!

Anonymous July 2, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

You take such awesome pictures. I love the critters, so does my daughter. She is so much like her momma. My son on the other hand will usually pass on any toy with an univited friend on it.

Anonymous July 2, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

a main reason why I love living in alaska... No creepy crawlies. We dont' really have too many bug and none poisonis and none too big. That is what I like :)

Anonymous July 2, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

I'm with Ella on this one! I hate & am deathly afraid of all things insect like! I won't dare go under our deck...:)

My Blog List

Photography Equipment

Nikon D80
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 Prime lens
Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens
Nikkor 55-200mm VR f/4-5.6 lens
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro
Lensbaby Composer
Photoshop CS3
bsm

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP