Monday, June 16, 2008

Our Father's Day

Fathers Day was very nice. We went over to my parents house and spent the morning with my Dad. Gave him his cookies and he just emailed me this morning telling me he thinks they are my best batch yet! He said he and my mom are having a hard time holding themselves back from eating them all at once. (insert Daddy's little girl feeling all over again).

Ella also spent the afternoon with her Daddy, but not feeling very well. She woke up with a runny nose and by later in the afternoon she had a little fever. She was totally clingy and whiny. But alas, we had to go over to Keith's Dad's house. Keith and his sisters all made plans to make dinner for their Dad. We went and had a very nice time. Ella got to play with her cousin's Jack and Everett, and I think it took her mind off of being sick. She was running and dancing all around the whole evening. Jack is only 10 weeks older than her so it is so cute to see them play together. Add sugar to the mix and anything is fun, no matter how you feel! Once we got home we put Ella to bed. She fell asleep immediately.

All in all, it was a wonderful day. Perfect weather and time with the Dad's that we love so much. Hope everyone else had a great Father's Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous June 16, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

sounds like a nice day - minus the sick kiddo. but, I secretly cherish those sweet snuggles when she's just a little under the weather!

Anonymous June 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

Sounds like a perfect Father's Day. I hope Ella's feeling better!! :)

Anonymous June 17, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

Sounds like you had a good time! Love the cookie post - such a great tradition. I never know what to get my dad, either. Men are hard to buy things for.

Bummer about the zoo, too! I wonder why you couldn't see the grizzlies? Maybe it was feeding time or something.

My Blog List

Photography Equipment

Nikon D80
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 Prime lens
Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens
Nikkor 55-200mm VR f/4-5.6 lens
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro
Lensbaby Composer
Photoshop CS3
bsm

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP