Sunday, June 22, 2008

Playing Around in Photoshop...With A Little Help

Ok, so a blog that I frequent is Momology, by Christina. Along with a few other blogs I enjoy, her photos are some of my favorites. So what do you do when you enjoy a blog? You search their archives! I found her post on a tutorial about her standard processing, and since I love Photoshop and use it myself, I thought I would give her process a try.

Now, if you know me, you know I am longing for a DSLR, since I just own a digital point and shoot. Christina's photos are as sharp as they come and mine look a little noisy, but I still seem to like how they turned out. To me they are sort of surreal looking. Her tips on how to make the color "pop" was really cool. I also like the different option she has to sharpen an image.

I love it when people share thier processing stages, because even though someone may take a tutorial and follow them step by step, as I did here, they will always come out different because of the photographer, subject and camera.

So, thanks Christina for sharing your process. I have been having fun changing things up!


11 comments:

Anonymous June 22, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

She is just to adorable I love LOVE the 2nd one...great colors and comp!

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 12:53 AM  

Just beautiful pictures - so full of colour and life. I'll have to check it out and have a try as well. I have the DSLR but not Photoshop - maybe we need to get together!

Thanks for your comments on my Show and Tell.

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 2:49 AM  

Ella is beautiful; I love what you have done. I use Picasa to doctor my photos but yours are so vibrant.

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

Wow! Way to make the point and shoot cam work for you! Who needs DSLR??

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

those are great pictures! I love the dark lining around the edges too!

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

those are great pictures! I love the dark lining around the edges too!

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

sorry, that Moose comment was from me :)

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

sorry, that Moose comment was from me :)

Anonymous June 23, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

I'm so glad you found the tutorial helpful! I love seeing how you've made it your own. Ella - and these pictures - are gorgeous. her eyes, those wispy curls, that tound belly...precious! These pictures are so vibrant, but also have a dreamy feel. Love it!

Anonymous June 25, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

You did a great job using Christina's tutorial! The pictures turned out beautifully. :)

Anonymous June 25, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

Oh wow, these are stunning! Plus, Ella is a positively adorable subject!

My Blog List

Photography Equipment

Nikon D80
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 Prime lens
Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens
Nikkor 55-200mm VR f/4-5.6 lens
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro
Lensbaby Composer
Photoshop CS3
bsm

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP