Monday, June 9, 2008

Finally, A Beautiful Day

The last couple of weeks have been the gloomiest days I have seen in a long time. We have had one storm after another including tornado's, hail, strong winds and just down right gray and cloudy skies.

Today was beautiful. I decided to take Ella to the park at the Dam nearby our house. She played on the playground and then we walked along the Mississippi River, just enjoying the weather. I at least got to take a few pics.


This was a dead tree laying by the side of the river. I thought the lines and texture was so cool and the way it curved.


I notice every one's blogs have pictures of flowers that are in bloom and it seems mine are a little slow this year. Our lilacs were planted maybe 3 years ago and they have grown to be enormous, like 10 feet tall, but they seem to be late bloomers. The buds have finally turned into beautiful flowers.

4 comments:

Anonymous June 9, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

those are such beautiful photos!

Anonymous June 9, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

I love your lilacs and your Lulu furbaby.

And I KNOW IT'S THE HORMONES!!! I know I'm totally nuts at the moment and there's nothing I can do about it. You're right, I should just call it a day and go to bed early. Tomorrow will be a better day. :)

Anonymous June 10, 2008 at 2:25 AM  

I love the lines and colors also. Very cool log/tree.

I'm not a big flower picture person, but I so love lilacs. Love them!

Anonymous June 10, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

Great shots! That is a very cool tree and I love lilacs, too. Sounds like they grew really well after you planted them - that is great!

This week is supposed to be nice, so hopefully we don't get too much foul weather. Sunny skies right now!

My Blog List

Photography Equipment

Nikon D80
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 Prime lens
Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens
Nikkor 55-200mm VR f/4-5.6 lens
Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro
Lensbaby Composer
Photoshop CS3
bsm

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP